SV Promise- Gear List ( Updated May 2018 )
Engine Yanmar 3GM30FV-
Dink- Carib I-27 New 2001. Fair condition. Old, patched, but servicable.
OB Engine- 3.5hp Evenrude- fair condition- runs OK
Autopilot (wind) Aries windpilot- Rebuilt with all new bearings and bushings in 1997. Works well. Lower unit detaches rather than tips up. Extra vane.
Autopilot (electronic) Navico TP5500 tiller pilot- Disassembled, lubricated, and connectors reseated 2006. Works perfectly and a good match for the boat. HP5000 remote control with GPS interface included.
Liferaft- Zodiac 4 person Coastal in cannister New 2011
Crew Overboard Gear- Pole, bouy, and strobe.
Anchor- 45 # CQR w 220 ft 3/8” BBB chain- both regalvanized 2002
Anchor Danforth 20#HT w 20’ 3/8” chain regavanized 2002 w 200 ft ¾” nylon rode new 2004
Anchor Danforth 20#HT Regalvanized 2002 w 200’ ½” nylon rode (emergency anchor)
Anchor windlass- Simpson Lawarence 555 Sea Tiger Manual- New 2005
Emergency Tiller w rudder post fitting
Propane Galley Stove- Force Ten 2 burner and oven . New 1996
Propane Cabin Heater- Force Ten- New 1996
Propane- On deck box w two 10 # aluminum bottles (new OPD valves 2005)
Propane- Remote cutoff in on deck box with control in galley
Raratan water heater 6 gal- 2 way (engine or shore pwr)
House batteries- three group 27 deep cycle- good condition
Engine battery- one group 24 deep cycle- good condition
Battery charger- Charles Marine EL 30 amp dual output
Refrig and freezer- Top loading Crosby dual holding plate 12vdc - New compressor 2001, new motor 1997, recharged 2006.
Fuel tank- 40 US gal aluminum. Removed, serviced, and tested 2001.
Water tanks- two stainless steel approx 50 gal each.
Fresh water pump- ShurFlo 3.5gpm
Bilge pump- 1100gph Rule type with Water Witch solid state switch. New 2018.
Bilge pump emergency- 2500gph Rule with hose and battery clips
Bilge pump manual- Edson 438BR “one gal per stroke”
Head- Raritan PH-II upgraded to latest mods
Holding tank- Built in next to hull in forward vee- 100L Vetus- New 2002 – With vent and ondeck pump out.
- Installed new 1996-4000 hrs
- New injectors 2011
- Balmar 100amp alt (overhauled 2011)
- Spare 55A Hitachi Alternator
- ARS-4 multi-stage controller- new 2011
- 1”SS shaft new 2002
- PSS shaft seal new 2002 overhauled 2011-
- 12x16" three blade bronze prop
Furler- Harken Unit One- New 2011- New headstay-
Winch handles- four
Mast/Boom/Cockpit winches Lewmar 3 #30, 1 #16, 2 #40, 2#43 Condition good with some chrome peeling.
Boom vangs- two #7
- Main- Battenless, soft- 2 reefs- New 1990- Condition good
- #1 Jib Tops’l (Yankee)- Doyle New 2011-Condition very good
- Staysail JSI on hanks- new 1997- Condition good
- Chute- Hood MPS with sock- Big! Colorful! condition good
- #2 Jib Tops’l- Fits on furler- Strong, condition fair
- Strom jib- On hanks for forestay- Never used
- Trys’l- Uses separate track on mast- Never used
Compass Richie 4” cockpit bulkhead w inclinometer and cover . New 1999
Lifelines- 3/16” dual- New 2005- (no gates). Three broken Goiot stanchion bases replaced 4/07
Misc fenders ( 3 large with washable covers)
Dock lines- Complete set ¾” incl springs- Many extras
Dodger New (2004) by Ship’s Tailor Deltaville- Nice
Sail cover- Blue sunbrella (new 2004)
Galley sink- Dual w Scandvik faucet pressure water. Also foot pumps for fresh and salt water.
Shower and head basin- New Scandvik-
Shower sump pump and filter
Hot water heater 6 gal Raritan 115vac and engine water- serviced 5/07
Hull- new Awlgrip by Yankee Pt 2004
Cabin Light- Den Haan Trawler Lamp with new burner
Nav Lights- Masthead Tricolor, On deck running, 32pt white at masthead (anchor)
brass hanging LED fresnel lens anchor light
Barometer- Signet (millibar)
Whisker pole 2.5” non-adjustable w snaps both ends for #1 jib tops’l and cruising chute
Two 6 gal diesel jugs (yellow)
Two 5 gal emergency water jugs (blue)
One 1 gal dink OB gas jug (red)
New Vetus Bosun chair
Collection of salt water fishing gear incl sling +2 ss spears
USCG required safety gear incl pfds, fire exting, bell, flares, etc. USCG Aux inspection 2017
3 crewmember safety harnesses with stainless quick connect carabiners
Large collection of spares for just about everything
Large collection of sailing and navigation texts incl autographed copies of Dutton's and Chapman's
Exporer Chart books for Near Bahamas and Exumas
Chart book and guides for ICW
- EPIRB ACR 406 with internal GPS and link to ship's gps bus
- Datamarine S200DL Depth sounder- new transducer 2017
- Datamarine S100KL Knotmeter (factory serviced 2006) Extra transducer
- Eagle (Navico) EVR-150 DSC Marine VHF radio (New 2009)
- Garmin GPSMAP 162 NEMA 0183 bus wired to radar, autopilot, DSC radio, and computer panel
- Furuno 1621 Radar- Furuno serviced 2006
- Icom IC-725 ham transceiver Modified to operate marine HF SSB (where legal)
- SGC 230 automatic antenna tuner for insulated (Staloc) backstay ham and SSB. Serviced 3/2009
- SCS PTC II Pactor Data Controller for Winlink and Sailmail
- AM/FM/CD With speakers in stb side entertainment center
- ECDIS 15" Dell Computer loaded with The Cap'n and ALL NOAA charts update to 2/2018. Interfaced with ship's GPS data bus.